Are most frequently asked questions and answers
- Download the Tekkwi Driver app on Google Play or App Store
- Create an account with a valid e-mail address (Free to sign up. No set up fees)
- Once you verify your phone number and sign in, tap the orange silhouette (located in the upper right hand corner) to access the Menu page.
- Select Edit Profile section.
- Complete all of the required fields and upload the required driver documents.
- An active bank account. Setup Payoneer account (If you already have a Payoneer account please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only qualified drivers who complete all 3 sections of their Profile will be selected to complete a criminal background screening. Failure to complete each section of the driver profile may delay the onboarding process.
- Upon successful completion of criminal background check, drivers will receive an approval letter via email from our Onboarding team.
- Pickup your Tekkwi Driver kit from your local Jamaica Post.
Due to the global pandemic, we are taking a Phase I & II approach as we near the launch of the Tekkwi mobile. In Phase I, we will begin accepting trips from passengers in Montego Bay starting May 2021. Phase II will include Ocho Rios and Negril which will commence accepting trips in the summer of 2021.
Tekkwi drivers receive their earnings on a weekly basis via direct deposit to their local bank account. Processing time takes approximately 1-2 business days (Active bank account required). REQUIRED: Payoneer Account (Free to sign up. Click here to register).
Cutoff time for our driver’s weekly payroll is Sunday at 11:59 PM.
Drivers who already have a Payoneer account may elect to have their earnings deposited directly to their Payoneer debit card.
Absolutely! We are always looking for experienced drivers to join the Tekkwi team. Those who join the Tekkwi driver community are free to drive for whoever they want, whenever they want. In fact, a majority of ridershare drivers in the US drive for than one rideshare company.
Tekkwi drivers retain more than 80 percent of the fare from each trip they complete and 100% of their tips. Both Tekkwi and Uber collect a Service Fee for the purpose of maintaining and upgrading their respective platforms. In the US, Uber’s Service Fee varies, ofttimes leaving their drivers with earnings that average between 50-75% of the fare from each trip. Uber drivers also retain 100% of their tips.
Tekkwi Drivers who complete 100 accident-free rides will receive a Safe Driver Bonus of $50 USD.
Once approved, Tekkwi drivers have the freedom to drive whenever they want. Just turn on your app, accept a trip and start earning cash!
Our approved drivers should place their Tekkwi decal on the inside of their windshield. Drivers are also expected to use their complimentary phone mount on accepted trips. Driving without a phone mount holder is prohibited.
We are aware that select drivers were unable to retrieve their Tekkwi Driver kits and we apologize for inconvenience. Our Onboarding team is currently working on resolving the matter.
Currently not available for use outside of the country Jamaica.